Meet The Tongue: A Boneless Creature by John Hagee

When I was a boy, my parents forbade us to say any slang word that might be considered a substitute for a curse word.

Meet The Tongue: A Boneless Creature by John Hagee
James 3:5-6 —Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things.  Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!  And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity:  so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature:  and it is set on fire of hell.

Meet The Tongue.  It’s A Boneless Creature, More Deadly Than A Rattlesnake, Lurking Behind An Enamel Fence In Your Mouth!

When I was a boy, my parents forbade us to say any slang word that might be considered a substitute for a curse word.  For instance, we couldn’t say the word “heck” because my parents thought it was a substitute for “hell.”  And, bless God, there was not going to be the semblance of profanity at the Hagee house.  One day while playing in the back yard, in my exuberance, I said “heck.”  And my bigmouthed cousin went into the house and reported my transgression to my mother.  She dutifully tanned my hide, because you do not break her commandments and survive without punishment.  I went back outside, found my cousin, popped him in the mouth and stood over his bleeding body saying, “heck, heck, heck, heck, heck, heck.”  There was a problem.  My mother had followed me outside and was standing right behind me.  I forgot that first whipping in less than five minutes, but that second one was a memorial of her love that I can still recall decades later.

The tongue has destroyed a greater horde than the sword.  Words are as common as blossoms on a spring day, yet how mighty are their power and how irrevocable their influence.  The Bible says that words are a transcript of the mind.  Matthew 12:34 says that “out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.”  Wounds inflicted by a sword will soon heal, but wounds inflicted by the tongue seldom heal.  How many friendships have been broken…how many homes have been wrecked…how many churches divided…how many divorces demanded…how many wars have been initiated…by the poison of evil words.


Source:  Twelve Sunday Mornings— Part Three


Post a Comment

Arinola O. Yinka

{facebook#https://facebook.com/arinolaOyinka} {twitter#https://twitter.com/arinolaOyinka} {google-plus#https://plus.google.com/110825592826035799107/posts/2hLKudVJW8d} {linkedin#https://ng.linkedin.com/in/arinola-olakanmi-yinka-3016ba64E} {youtube#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL} {instagram#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget