I have Everything in Christ

The name “I AM” is a name which belongs exclusively to God. God Himself said that this was His name. To understand the meaning of this name, we must go back to the time when the children of Israel were slaves in Egypt.

I have Everything in Christ
All satisfaction, joy, and power in the Christian life come from knowing God and His Son. The Bible says, “Grace and peace be multiplied to you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord” (2 Peter 1:2).

Everything we need in the Christian life is in Christ. This wonderful Person, Jesus Christ, lives in the heart of every believer, but not every believer understands who Christ really is. The Gospel of John was written that we might know who Jesus Christ really is. This book of the Bible emphasizes two great truths: 1) that Jesus Christ is God, and 2) that Christ Himself is the One who meets all our needs.

It will help us understand who Christ really is if we learn about one of His names. He is the great “I AM.”

The name “I AM” is a name which belongs exclusively to God. God Himself said that this was His name. To understand the meaning of this name, we must go back to the time when the children of Israel were slaves in Egypt.

Moses was in the wilderness tending sheep when God appeared to him in a burning bush.
God chose a man named Moses to lead His people out of Egypt and into the land which God had promised them.

Moses was in the wilderness tending sheep when God appeared to him in a burning bush. The bush burned with fire, but it did not burn up.

God spoke to Moses from the burning bush and told him to go back to Egypt and lead the children of Israel out of slavery and bondage.

Moses was afraid the people would not believe that God had sent him. He said, “When I come to the children of Israel, and shall say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you’; and they shall say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?”

God said, "I am that I AM..."
God said, “I AM THAT I AM…thus shall you say to the children of Israel, I AM has sent me to you” (Exodus 3:14). The name “I AM” is a very special name which belongs only to God.

When God said that His name was “I AM,” He meant that He is the God who has always existed and always will exist. But there is another meaning to the name “I AM.” It is really an unfinished sentence like this: “I AM.”

It was as though God was saying to Moses, “Moses, I am the Almighty God. I am the One who will meet all your needs. You will need courage to do this great work I have called you to do; I AM your courage. You will need wisdom; I AM your wisdom. You will need strength; I AM your strength. You will need patience; I AM your patience. I AM whatever you need.”

Moses believed God and he depended on God to be all that he needed. What was the result? The Bible tells us that God brought the children of Israel out of Egypt “with a mighty hand.”

Post a Comment

Arinola O. Yinka

{facebook#https://facebook.com/arinolaOyinka} {twitter#https://twitter.com/arinolaOyinka} {google-plus#https://plus.google.com/110825592826035799107/posts/2hLKudVJW8d} {linkedin#https://ng.linkedin.com/in/arinola-olakanmi-yinka-3016ba64E} {youtube#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL} {instagram#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget