The Peacock by Tammy Lang Jensen

With the bright and brilliant colors and what look like dozens of eyes everywhere.

The Peacock by Tammy Lang Jensen
As I close my eyes, I saw a beautiful peacock cross the road. I heard the Lord say,”Why did the peacock cross the road?” And then I heard, To SEE to the other side. 

The Peacock then turned and faced me and open his tail as wide as it would go. With the bright and brilliant colors and what look like dozens of eyes everywhere.

The Lord said,”I am increasing your SIGHT and giving you aerial vision.” The ability to change your perspective and SEE things from a higher level. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are my ways your ways , declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways ways higher than your ways and my thoughts then your thoughts (Isaiah 55:8-9). Hezekiah, it is time to stand and set your face like a flint.

For the Lord God helps me, therefore, I am not disgraced; therefore, I have set my face like flint, and I know that I will not be ashamed (Isaiah 50:7). The Lord reminded me of something this morning. I ride horses, and sometimes one of the greatest challenges is to get your horse to cross a creek. Because of their VISION, they can’t tell how deep the water is.

So out of fear, they refuse to cross. He reminded me, that when I ride my own horse that I have had an eight year relationship with, we have established trust and he will cross with little prompting from me. Not because he is unafraid, but because he trust and loves me, he will cross in spite of his fear. However, if I am riding an unfamiliar horse, I have to apply different tactics. Sometimes just focusing my eyes on the other side of the creek, instead of looking down at the water, is enough change for the horse to discern and he will go where I look. But if it is an extremely frightened horse, sometimes you have to push him across using a crop. You have to make where he is standing, scarier than where he is going and eventually he will move.

Unfortunately, one of the most dangerous places to be for rider is on a frightened horse. He becomes a danger to himself and others. The Lord told me the same holds true for His children. Those working from a place of deep fear or confusion, are a danger to themselves and others. Then the Lord reminded me of this scripture: But Job replied, You talk like a foolish woman. Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad? So in all this Job said nothing wrong. Job’s three friends shared his anguish (Job 2:10). Anytime anything bad or hard happens, we immediately start blaming Satan. When quite possibly, most of it is God training and equipping us for what lies ahead. When soldiers join the Armed Forces to prepare for war, they don’t go to camp and hang out, fish and sit around the campfire. No, soldiers go to Boot Camp and they are stripped down and then re-created into soldiers-warriors.

Are you letting the Lord strip and crush you, are you letting him tread out the new wine. Admittedly, this has been a hard season for many, but look at the fruit it is producing. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful (John 15:2). Let him prune you, let him prepare you for battle. Soon it will be too late....There will come a day, when we all come face-to-face with the enemy of our soul. Wouldn’t you prefer to be trained under the hand of the Lord?.....Because our God has never lost a battle....

Tammy Lang Jensen

Support AbidingTV today.



Post a Comment

Arinola O. Yinka

{facebook#https://facebook.com/arinolaOyinka} {twitter#https://twitter.com/arinolaOyinka} {google-plus#https://plus.google.com/110825592826035799107/posts/2hLKudVJW8d} {linkedin#https://ng.linkedin.com/in/arinola-olakanmi-yinka-3016ba64E} {youtube#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL} {instagram#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget