Allow God by Pastor Mark Jensen

This morning I am sitting here like almost every morning and I am enjoying a hot cup of coffee, sitting on the couch, my beautiful wife close by, both of us spending time with God and in his word.

Good morning friends and family of God Honor Strength. Welcome to the beginning of a new week. A week where God will continue to guide you, direct you and lead you down the path of righteousness that he has planned for you. Listen to Him and follow him each and everyday and witness the blessings he will bestow upon you.

This morning I am sitting here like almost every morning and I am enjoying a hot cup of coffee, sitting on the couch, my beautiful wife close by, both of us spending time with God and in his word. This is something we do every morning together, minus a few sick days, but none the less, there is nothing that can compare to starting everyday in prayer and meditation and in God's word. Even those of us and you who have busy and hectic lives can find time to spend a few minutes each morning with God. Believe me, you will see immediate changes in your own life and you will see changes in others as well. Your attitude towards work, towards coworkers, towards school and errands and traffic and life in general will improve like you never thought possible.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 6:33
I wish there were a way that I could sit and talk to each and everyone of you, face to face, one on one, so that you may come to understand the importance of what I am sharing with you this morning. When I was first saved, when I was born again as a Christian, I too didn't realize the impact on my life that quiet time each morning with God could have in my life. There would be mornings that the alarm would go off and I would hit the snooze button quite a few times and then I would be running late and no time with God. Each time that would happen, my days were filled with stress, traffic, coworkers getting on my nerves, someone taking the last doughnut before I got a chance to have even one, and believe me when I tell you, I really love doughnuts.

Now don't get me wrong, I still have those same days on a regular basis, but because I started my morning with God, my entire attitude, my entire outlook, my way of dealing with situations changed beyond what I thought was capable. Yes I still deal with stress and all those other situations sometimes on a daily basis, but it does not bother me the way it used to, it does not ruin my entire day and it surely does not dictate who I am or how I am going to feel.
Be still, and know that I am God.
Psalm 46:10

Be still, be silent, open your mind and your heart each and every morning and spend that time with God. He will fill you with his word. He will give you the guidance you need to face every challenge. He will give you the strength you need to push through every obstacle. He will give you the courage you need to overcome every situation. When you find even a few minutes each morning to spend with God, you will be prepared for this day and everyday forward. There is nothing you cannot do, nothing you cannot accomplish, nothing you cannot overcome. I am sure most of you, if not all of you have heard the expression, "Knowledge is power." What greater knowledge can there be than when it comes from our Father in Heaven. What greater power could you have to get through each day, to face every situation, to deal with those who come against you, to defeat the enemy, than the power of God who lives within you.

And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

2 Corinthians 9:8
Each of us face our own challenges, our own situations everyday. Some are worse than others, some I may never be able to understand, but this I do know. When you start each day with God and in his word, your day may not change for the better, but you will, and that my friends will improve everything about your life. If you put God first place in every area of your life and start each morning with him, you will see each and every blessing that He rains down on you everyday, even the ones we take for granted, even the ones we may not have noticed before. Allow God into your morning routine and into your day, everyday, and not only will you be blessed, but you will be a blessing to others as well.

As I speak a blessing over each of you, always remember, I am here for you if you ever need to talk or get something off your chest or if you need prayer for yourselves, your family or your friends. Please do not hesitate to contact me.

May the Lord bless you and keep you; may the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; may the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.

Dear Father God, thank you for blessing us with this day and loving us as Your children. Watch over each and every one of us as we start each day, as we go through this week, keeping us in the palm of Your hand. Guide us in our daily lives, directing us on the path You have planned for us, bringing forth the dreams you have planted in each of our hearts. For we know who we are and whose we are, children of the most high God. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

"Keep your Faith strong, your Hope alive and your Prayers never ending."
God Bless
Pastor Mark


Post a Comment

Arinola O. Yinka

{facebook#https://facebook.com/arinolaOyinka} {twitter#https://twitter.com/arinolaOyinka} {google-plus#https://plus.google.com/110825592826035799107/posts/2hLKudVJW8d} {linkedin#https://ng.linkedin.com/in/arinola-olakanmi-yinka-3016ba64E} {youtube#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL} {instagram#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget