I am the Captain of the Hosts by Deborah Waldron Fry

Beloved. I am the Triumphant One who has gained the victory for you. I am He who has taken the enemy captive and placed him in chains.

I am the Captain of the Hosts by Deborah Waldron Fry
Beloved. I am the Triumphant One who has gained the victory for you. I am He who has taken the enemy captive and placed him in chains. I am the Captain of the Hosts Who has fought valiantly for you and won. I am the Conquering King. I destroyed the works of the devil at the cross. I took captivity captive and made a public display of them.

Therefore My Child, whom shall you fear? I hold the keys, Beloved. And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, My Bride. Whatsoever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatsoever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. I have given you the Gift of Grace and My Spirit. You are walking in My victory parade. You are in My triumphal procession. I wear the Victor's crown. I have won it all for you, Beloved. Fear not. I am the Risen King seated in majesty. Be confident of this very thing. He who has begun a good work in you is faithful to complete it.

...Psalm 68:18 You have ascended on high, You have led captivity captive: You have received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the Lord God might dwell among them.

...Ephesians 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. 8 Wherefore He saith, When He ascended up on high, He led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

...2 Corinthians 2:14 But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of Him everywhere.

...Matthew 16:19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

In ancient times, if a king or or a great military captain waged successful warfare, when he came back to his own country there was always a victory parade. He led captivity captive (aichmaloteuo from aichme = spear + halotós = be taken, conquered) means to be taken a prisoner of war by the sword. The idea is to gain complete control over another by force.

A triumphal possession in which one marched the captives that one had taken in a war. Triumph over enemies, one of the leading of enemies in triumph.
(Lloyd-Jones, D. M. Exposition of Ephesians in 8 Vol. Baker Book or Logos Version)



Post a Comment

Arinola O. Yinka

{facebook#https://facebook.com/arinolaOyinka} {twitter#https://twitter.com/arinolaOyinka} {google-plus#https://plus.google.com/110825592826035799107/posts/2hLKudVJW8d} {linkedin#https://ng.linkedin.com/in/arinola-olakanmi-yinka-3016ba64E} {youtube#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL} {instagram#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget