The Pleasing Aroma of Christ by Tammy Lang Jensen

“What is the first thing you do?” I always cut a few inches of the stem off.

The Pleasing Aroma of Christ by Tammy Lang Jensen
So the Lord is teaching me this morning through something that I love “Flowers!” He showed me how when I buy longstem roses to make arrangements for friends. 

He asked, “What is the first thing you do?” I always cut a few inches of the stem off. Every branch of me that does not bear fruit, he takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, he prunes it so that it may bear more fruit (John 15:2).

I have learned when I trim the Stems, the buds on the roses will open to full bloom and last for weeks. However, I have learned if I buy roses that the buds were cut too early or are too tightly closed. When I place them in water, eventually the buds just droop over at the top, wilt and die. They never open and never realize there beauty and full fragrance. Is your walk with God blooming are perishing?

Are you a well watered garden, or a barren desert place. For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing (2 Corinthians 2:15). Do you beckon God’s people in with the fragrance of frankincense and myrrh. Have they been intoxicated by the oil of anointing and the love of God pouring from you. The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing (Zephaniah 3:17).

Have you ever watched a crying baby scooped up in the arms of a mother. Immediately, turmoil turns to peace, her love quieted the storm. Above all, love each other deeply because love covers over a multitude of sins (1 Peter 4:8). I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser (John 15:1). Remember, apart from me, you can do nothing. Shall the vessel say to the potter, why have you formed me this way. Shall the flower say to the Vine, “Why must I bloom today?” Is there not a time and a season for everything under the sun.

Does the Lord Almighty not determine your steps. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end (Ecclesiastes 3:11). As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a Mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the maker of all things (Ecclesiastes 11:5).

So next time you question me about your purpose, be sure you prepare yourself as a man for my reply. There is a lesson to be learned from Job when he cried out in anguish and questioned God. Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me (Job 40:7). God is not a man that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act?

Does he promise and not fulfill? (Numbers 23:19). GOD SAID IT, AND THAT SETTLES IT! Take your eyes off the waste land, and look to the promised land. I command you this day, “To fulfill your whole purpose!”....

Tammy Lang Jensen


Post a Comment

Arinola O. Yinka

{facebook#https://facebook.com/arinolaOyinka} {twitter#https://twitter.com/arinolaOyinka} {google-plus#https://plus.google.com/110825592826035799107/posts/2hLKudVJW8d} {linkedin#https://ng.linkedin.com/in/arinola-olakanmi-yinka-3016ba64E} {youtube#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL} {instagram#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget