The Kinds of Attitudes by John Hagee

There are only two kinds of attitudes: good ones and bad ones. Profound, eh? So is a marvelous poem my mother taught me when I was a child.

The Kinds of Attitudes by John Hagee
Philippians 4:4—Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again:  Rejoice!

Choose a positive attitude first thing in the morning!

There are only two kinds of attitudes:  good ones and bad ones.  Profound, eh?  So is a marvelous poem my mother taught me when I was a child.  I’ve never forgotten it.  It goes like this:

Two men looked out prison bars:
One saw mud, the other stars.

Two men in exactly the same circumstances made opposite choices that determined their capacity to be happy.  Which choice would you have made?

Why not choose a positive attitude first thing in the morning, before these things even have a chance to go wrong?  King David said, “This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it” Psalm 118:24.

That choice, when you get up in the morning, will set the mood for your whole day.

Our attitudes don’t have to be determined by our circumstances.  I once stood by the bedside of a beautiful and courageous seventeen year old girl who was dying of cancer.  I can stand by the deathbed of an adult who has lived a full, rich life and accept that all good things must end.  But when I stand beside a dying child, I have to fight tears.

Rosie read my thoughts perfectly.  Clutching her white Bible in her frail hands, she looked me straight in the eye and said, “Pastor, I know I’m dying.  But isn’t this a beautiful day?  Every day is a gift from God.”  I felt ashamed of the petty circumstances I so often let control my attitude toward life.  This teenage champion of courage didn’t let the worst of circumstances control her attitude.

Source:  Being Happy in an Unhappy World

Daily Living


Post a Comment

Arinola O. Yinka

{facebook#https://facebook.com/arinolaOyinka} {twitter#https://twitter.com/arinolaOyinka} {google-plus#https://plus.google.com/110825592826035799107/posts/2hLKudVJW8d} {linkedin#https://ng.linkedin.com/in/arinola-olakanmi-yinka-3016ba64E} {youtube#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL} {instagram#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget