The Power of Addiction by John Hagee

In His goodness and loving kindness, He brought me out of darkness and shattered the bonds that held me. By His Word, I am healed.

The Power of Addiction by John Hagee
Romans 6:18

And having been set free from sin, you have become the servants of righteousness. Of conformity to the divine will in thought, purpose and action.

Proclaim your freedom from addiction!

God broke the power of addiction in my life when I surrendered completely to His will and direction.  Because I once rebelled against the words of God and spurned the counsel of the Most High, I sat in darkness and bondage.  I stumbled and fell, and no one was there to help.  But when I cried out to the Lord in my trouble, He heard me and saved me from my distress.  In His goodness and loving kindness, He brought me out of darkness and shattered the bonds that held me.  By His Word, I am healed.

I am a new creation in Christ Jesus.  My old person was nailed to the cross with Christ in order that my body, the instrument of sin, might be made ineffective and inactive for evil. I am no longer a slave to sin, having been delivered from its power when I was crucified with Christ.  The life I now live, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loves me and gave His life for me.

He who lives in me is mightier than he who is in the world.  When I come close to God, He comes close to me.  Christ empowers me with strength to do all things.  With faith in God’s promises, I vow to never again yield my body to its cravings, subject to its lusts or evil desires.  I walk confidently as a servant of righteousness—conforming my life to God’s divine will in thought, purpose and action.  I am victorious because my faith is in Christ.  I believe He is the Son of God, and I place my hope and trust in Him alone.

In obedience to the Word of God, I abstain form the sensual urges, evil desires and passions of the flesh that wage war with my soul, my mind, and my body.  I strip myself of my former nature, corrupted through lusts and evil desires.  I no longer set my mind on things that gratify the flesh, and I am no longer controlled by the unholy desires of my flesh.  I renounce the lust of my flesh, the lust of my eyes, and the pride in my life, for these do not come from God but are from the world itself.

Instead, I put on the new nature, created in God’s image, in true righteousness and holiness.  My new spiritual self is ever in the process of being renewed after the image and likeness of God, I am constantly renewed in the spirit of my mind by concentrating on and seeking those things that gratify the Holy Spirit.  I am led by the desires of the Spirit, for the Holy Spirit lives within me to direct and control me.

Christ came so that I might have and enjoy abundant life.  Whereas, Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy.  I steep myself in the Word of God that I might know the divine power that is mine in Christ’s name.  I meditate on His commands day and night to keep myself from sin, and I remain cautious at all times—on the lookout for Satan’s attempts to lead me astray.  Jesus was made to be like me in every way, in order that He might become a sympathetic and faithful High Priest.  He, Himself, suffered by being tempted in all things—tested and tried.  Because of this, He therefore, immediately runs to the sound of my cry when I am tempted, tested or tried.  He knows how to rescue the godly, no matter the situation, out of temptations and trials.  So then I fearlessly, confidently and boldly draw near to Him and receive mercy and grace to help in times of trouble.

I walk in faith, not fear, for God is with me.  He will never forsake me.  He strengthens and helps me and makes the darkness into light before me.  I ask, and God places a hedge of protection around me.  He is my refuge and dwelling place.  He drives the enemy out before me.  Though I walk in the midst of trouble, He revives me—through the valley of the shadow of death, He is with me.  He stretches out His hand against the wrath of my enemies and His right hand saves me.

I test all things until I recognize that which is good; then I grasp it tightly in my hand.  I will not be overcome by evil, but will overcome evil with good.  I no longer try to fit into this world, but am transformed by the renewal of my mind.  In this way I can rightly discern what the good, acceptable and perfect will of God is for me.  Christ has set me free from the grips of addiction and sin.  I determine in my heart, by the grace of God, to stand fast.  I will never again be ensnared by the yoke of slavery to sin.

Devotion taken from Pastor Hagee’s book Man of God 18 Days of Promise

Today's Bible Reading

Old Testament

2 Chronicles 30:1-31:21

New Testament

Romans 15:1-22

Psalms & Proverbs

Psalms 25:1-11

Proverbs 20:13-15



Post a Comment

Arinola O. Yinka

{facebook#https://facebook.com/arinolaOyinka} {twitter#https://twitter.com/arinolaOyinka} {google-plus#https://plus.google.com/110825592826035799107/posts/2hLKudVJW8d} {linkedin#https://ng.linkedin.com/in/arinola-olakanmi-yinka-3016ba64E} {youtube#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL} {instagram#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget