The Temptations by Tammy Lang Jensen

Sometimes temptation can come in the form of big stumbling blocks, habitual sin.

The Temptations by Tammy Lang Jensen
Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give into temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak (Matthew 26:41).

Sometimes temptation can come in the form of big stumbling blocks, habitual sin. While other times it can be small things, 30 minutes extra sleep in the morning, having a second cupcake, joining in with the gossip at work. For the Lord God is a sun and shield: The Lord gives grace and glory; he does not withhold the good from those who live with integrity (Psalm 84:11). Do not turn to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil (Proverbs 4:27).

He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand (Psalm 40:2). He leadeth me out of the darkness into his marvelous light. Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light unto my path (Psalm 119:105). The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit (Proverbs 18:21). Take a mighty ship for example: Though it is large and driven by strong winds, it is steered by very small rudder wherever the captain desires. Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark (James 3:4-5). Don’t let your mouth talk you out of your blessing, careless words destroy dreams.

For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridal the whole body (James 3:2). God desires for us to live well, abundantly, and walk humbly with our God. Surrender it all to him today, body, mind, soul and speech. And so blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth. Surely, my brothers and sisters, this is not right! (James 3:10). I declare I will bless all whom I meet today. Lord, I commit my soul into your hands. I will be a dream builder, and encourager of the brethren. I decree and declare that my life will be a light on the path for others to follow. We are blessed and cannot be cursed. Surely goodness and mercy will follow us all the days of our lives.....
Tammy Lang Jensen


Post a Comment

Arinola O. Yinka

{facebook#https://facebook.com/arinolaOyinka} {twitter#https://twitter.com/arinolaOyinka} {google-plus#https://plus.google.com/110825592826035799107/posts/2hLKudVJW8d} {linkedin#https://ng.linkedin.com/in/arinola-olakanmi-yinka-3016ba64E} {youtube#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL} {instagram#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget