The Smell of Gardenias by Tammy Lang Jensen

The smell of gardenias still transports me back to five years old. Sleeping at my grandmothers with the windows open.

The Smell of Gardenias by Tammy Lang Jensen
My people truly are My fragrant oil. In human experience, smells and a familiar scent can transport you back in history. 

The smell of gardenias still transports me back to five years old. Sleeping at my grandmothers with the windows open. They were blooming right outside, and it always reminds me of happy simpler times.

He is fragrant with the anointing oils of myrrh and frankincense. More fragrant then all the spices of the merchant (Song of Songs 3:6). My God is a fragrant oil to me, my love for my husband, daughter, family and friends are the same. The sweet scent of their love reaching the heavens. Our lives are a Christ-like fragrance rising up to God. But this fragrance is perceived differently by those who are being saved and buy those who are perishing (2 Corinthians 2:15). When one lost sheep finds their way home, the angels rejoice and sing in Heaven. But I wonder if there is not a solemn silence when one is lost forever.

In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents (Luke 15:10). May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice (Psalm 141:2). Lord, receive the sacrifice of my time, my prayer, my praise, my love. Let it be carried before you on wings of angels. Just as I moved past them, I encountered him. I found the one I adore! I caught him and fastened myself to him refusing to be feeble in my heart again (Song of Songs 3:4). Have you moved past you, to the one you adore. Have you gotten yourself out of the way, to reach for God‘s hand. To truly fasten yourself to the one you adore.

Has a sweet aroma pasted before you this morning, reminding you of the vastness of your God. How precious to me are your thoughts God! How vast is the sum of them (Psalm 139:17). You set the oceans within their borders, and the mountains where they belong. When he set a limit for the sea so that the waters would not violate his command, when he laid out the foundations of the earth (Proverbs 8:29). You were there, he had you planned out before the foundation of the universe. Why do you doubt him now, do we not serve a sovereign God.

He has your days planned out for good and not for evil, to give you hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11). I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing shall harm you (Luke 10:19). I have designed you for a time such as this. You are a fragrant oil to my nose, you have no beginning and no ending. You are forever here with me....

Tammy Lang Jensen


Post a Comment

Arinola O. Yinka

{facebook#https://facebook.com/arinolaOyinka} {twitter#https://twitter.com/arinolaOyinka} {google-plus#https://plus.google.com/110825592826035799107/posts/2hLKudVJW8d} {linkedin#https://ng.linkedin.com/in/arinola-olakanmi-yinka-3016ba64E} {youtube#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL} {instagram#YOUR_SOCIAL_PROFILE_URL

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget